Think Tuesday: Ombre, Two Tone & Other Strange Lips and Lipsticks

Think Tuesday:
Ombre, Two Tone & Other Strange Lips and Lipsticks 
Hi there, it's me, Hidden Wallflower! 

Think Tuesday. It's a thing I decided to start. I have one for every weekday now... impressive, rigth? Man, I'm on fire! (Please don't call the police, I didn't mean it literally. I wouldn't be typing this if I were actually on fire) 

Anyways, I decided to review something every day of the week. On certain days I will be reviewing books, since I'm a proud bookworm. For example, yesterday I reviewed Cornelia Funke's Dragon Rider. Today I decided to do something a bit different. But before I continue, don't allow the title to misguide you; I'm not a beauty guru or blogger, I don't even know how to do make-up. Heck, I don't even own a single clothing piece from Urban Outfitters or go online shopping. 

I noticed that my style of fashion is a bit different from others'. Sure I like the cutesy sweaters and oversized shirts people seem to be obsessed with, but I'm more of a hippie-style junky. I love clothes that let air through over those super-tight shirts that stick to your bodies. That got me thinking...what else is different for me? Then that's when I remembered: make-up.

I don't do make-up. But I have so, so many ideas and thoughts to say about make-up. Make-up should be...strange; captivating; intriguing. And I'm not just talking about "bold-red lipstick" or "winged eyeliner", I'm talking full on weird and odd make-up. Like the make-up that will make people stop in the streets and grab you. So why are we sticking to the boring, usual make-up? There's nothing fascinating about the normal way! Sure it's attractive, but is normal and mediocre something you to be?!

Why hasn't anyone tried the ombre lipstick? What if we outline our lips with a dark color? What if we outline the cracks we have on our lips? What about the two-tone lips?

Okay, I'll stop asking annoying questions now. Let me show you with some pictures.


As you can see, the trim/outter edges of the lips are dark. Then as the color goes inward, the shade becomes lighter and lighter. How beautiful and cool does this look? I mean, it looks attractive and not-that-difficult.
I got this image from the web (since I honestly can't do make-up). This girl is ROCKING those lips. Ladies -- and men, allow yourselves to change! Don't only use one shade of lipstick; try different ones! Combine them!
Coming up second is the two-tone lips. I colored the lips with blue this time to show some diversity. By the way, we should be promoting strange lipstick colors more, too. Seriously, I have never seen any blue, green, yellow, or any of those colors on anyone's lips before. 
Two-tone. Two-tone is really popular these days, especially with hair. So why can't we apply that trend to lips? It's fancy, gorgeous, and eye-catching. 

Here's another picture I got from the Internet & look at how wicked these lips are. It looks simple, too. 
The next idea I had is: outlining the cracks. I'm not talking about the cracked, dry lips here. No, I'm talking about the LINES on the lips. Why don't we add a base color on our lips and then use a darker/lighter shade to outline the cracks/lines that are on our lips? Unfortunately, I couldn't find any examples on the web, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't try. Don't be scared! If you have some spare time or if you're really bored, grab your lipstick kit and try this! Please share your story & send some final pictures if you want! 
The last idea I have is this: tracing the outter part of your lips. I know that this used to be a trend back in  the days and that now it isn't considered "attractive", but come on! This look is so unique and fabulous. Why did we ever forget about this trend? 

Here is a sample picture I found on ... the INTERNET (no surprise)! This looks a bit exaggerated, but it's still awesome. In fact, this is way better than what I imagined to find! These colors give your lips a cartoon-y feeling. Doesn't this look like something from a comic book? Who doesn't want to look like a comic book character? 

None of these might suit you. Heck, fashion works that way -- not everything fits for every single person. But still, experiment! Experiment & try out some of these lips. Or even if they're not on the list, try something different with your make-up or fashion style. Fashion and beauty is about experimenting. It doesn't matter what age you are; you're never to old to try out different styles and change.