Tasteful Thursday: Top 3 Movies To Watch When You Are Bored

Tasteful Thursday
Top 3 Movies To Watch When You Are Bored 

Oh gosh, I apologize for not posting yesterday! I accidentally fell asleep a bit too early and forgot about posting! Either way, let's move on to Tasteful Thursday.

I am a huge, huge movie junkie. I love huddling into the sofa, a laptop on my lap, and a bowl of food tucked under my arm. But then there's one problem. What movie should I watch? I have a massive stack of DVDs and yet I don't know what to watch!


But thankfully, there are some awesome movies that I get never sick of. I'm the type of person who can't read books or watch movies over and over again. I can't even listen to the same music twice without wanting to rip out the nerves in my brain! So if I can watch these movies again and again, it means it's really good. Really good.


The first is:


1. V for Vendetta

Genre: Action & Thriller

Now, I'm not a hipster or a hater who goes, "did you read the comics/books? Oh, you didn't? Then you don't deserve to say anything about this!" but I did read the V for Vendetta graphic novel books. I didn't read all 10, but I made it up till 8. I think I was a bit too young to really understand the meanings behind the words and pictures of the comic. I should read them again.




But either way, this movie is my favorite. It's based on a dystopian society (but it's very realistic) and how everything is controlled by the government. Freedom is gone and everyone is being monitored. Rights are basically stripped away and everyone lives terrible lives. No one can say anything they want to or do anything about the government. The plot is actually complicated and involves history, science, politics, and a bit of controversy in a way. I don't think I can really briefly explain what happens. It'll take all day.


The movie has a bit of romance, action, revenge, ridiculously amazing fighting scenes, and secrecy. It's a movie that comes with many bundles -- watch it either way. It won't disappoint you. I promise.


2. Howl's Moving Castle

Genre: Animation

I can't find a single person in this world who hasn't watched a Studio Ghibli animation. C'mon, this is the people that made movies like Spirited Away, Kiki's Delivery Service, Ponyo, My Nextdoor Neighbor Totoro, and so on.




In my opinion, Howl's Moving Castle was the best out of any. People might disagree (Spirited Away is just as good, too) but HMC just brought so much magic into my heart. It made me cry (beware, romance is included), laugh (there are hilarious characters such as Calcifer), and marvel. The scenery of the entire movie just...just...makes me speechless, apparently. It's like looking at a giant work of art moving. The animation is done perfectly, the storyline is entertaining, and the characters are well-developed. The movie also send a nice meaning, which is also a bonus. And heck, it's STUDIO GHIBLI. I can't emphasize that enough. Just the fact that a great man made this is enough for everyone to go watch this!


The plot is: a girl who has low self esteem and thinks she isn't beautiful gets cursed by the Witch of the Waste. She turns into an old grandma -- one that looks very similar to Yubaba in Spirited Away -- and has to find Howl, a rumored handsome wizard that steals women's hearts, in order to break the spell.


Comparison between the book & movie: the movie in my opinion was better. I usually NEVER say this, since I think books have something special that movies never have, but this was just...the movie was so much better. The book was great, too, and interesting (especially the magic shoes), but the characters were just too different! The plot and characters in the movie were so much interesting and had more chemistry. If I had to compare this with a puzzle, the movie was a perfect match -- the book? Erm, matching but not pretty.


The movie brought magic into my heart. It made me feel warm, tingly, and happy. The book? Interesting, but failed to make me feel the "wow!" 


3. Letters to Juliet

Genre: Romance 

Don't get offended, but I'm not a huge fan of the famous romance movies like The Notebook or A Walk to Remember. I mean, they're fun, but I'm searching for movies that make me feel like I'm reading a book...or make me feel like I'm a part of a story.




I honestly don't know how to describe the feeling this movie, Letters to Juliet, gives to me whenever I watch it. It just makes me feel like I'm in a country side of a country without electricity and machines... You know what? I really don't know to describe it. So do me a favor and go watch it, then tell me what you think, alright?


Plot? I think the title kind of gives it away. It's sort of a modern twist to a long lost Romeo and Juliet. Who doesn't love Shakespeare?



So here it is, everyone! My top 3 favorite movies. I know the list is short, but it's difficult getting into my top favorite movies. I'm very picky! I'll make another list possibly later...if I see any more good movies.

What are your favorite movies?